First day of kindergarten
2011
We have been counting down the days for over a month for this day to get here. He picked out his outfit on his own and doesn't he look good!
Rode his bike on the first day of school. The doors open at 8:05 am this year so we have to leave the house a little before eight. It is going to take us a while to get used to this morning schedule.
We didn't have any time to get all sad and teary eyed this morning, we got there just in time for him to go in the building with his classmates and Mrs. Sheppard. Probably a good thing since we were both nervous.
Sammy was hanging out in the stroller with Clyde to see Daniel off on his first day. Sammy and I took a walk/jog after dropping Daniel off to burn some nervous energy.
We all made it! 3:15 pm, time to go home!
Daniel comes out of the building and the first thing he is saying is "mom! I didn't even need my lunch today". In the morning we packed him cold lunch to take because he didn't think he would like the hot lunch. Here I was thinking the poor boy hadn't eaten anything all day, but what he was telling me was that he never even got his lunch box out of his backpack and he hate hot lunch at school. He was so excited. I don't think when we were talking about lunch that he understood they were going to look food for him there. He said "mommy, they made lunch there in the school and I ate it". Gotta love kids!
So proud of our big boy.
Now we continue the countdown chain until his 5th birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment