Thursday, July 30, 2009

Miss you Mikey.

Mikey the cat. He was the first pet I had while living on my own. He had been with me through thick and thin. He moved with me many many times and always adjusted very well. Mikey was always my 'fat cat'. That is how I knew something wasn't right. About 18 months ago Mikey started getting thin. When I took him to the doctor I found out he had hyperthyroidism. The vet did offer the option of a daily medication for him, but still that would maybe only prolong his life by about 2 years maybe. We opted to just let him enjoy his days without trying to force meds into him. He was such a fighter giving him any meds was a two person job.

In this picture we were getting ready to take him to the vet and his last meal consisted of some Spam. Yes, you read that right, he was eating some Spam that was left over from breakfast. Come on.....doesn't everyone eat Spam and eggs for breakfast? hahaha


The house just isn't quite the same without Mikey here. Leo and Keaton (our other two cats) have really changed their routines since Mikey's departure. We see them alot more then we ever did before. The boys love to see both Leo and Keaton out and about during the day. I don't think either of the boys has been able to pet either of them yet, but I think that day will come soon.

I know you are being all fat and sassy there over the Rainbow Bridge Mikey! Have fun!!!


1 comment:

kajomo said...

Awww, man that made me cry!!!!!