Monday, June 13, 2011

Daniel is joining the fun of vacation bible school (VBS) for the first time this summer.  He's a bit nervous about going, but should be just fine.  He knows some of the kids that will be there so that will help him feel more comfortable.
About 45 min. after dropping him off this morning I got a somewhat frantic call from VBS.  They thought Daniel has a seizure while in singing group.  I raced up to the church to see what was going on.  They told me he passed out and peed his pants and was making a gurgling noise.  Said he didn't wake up until one of the leaders came over and tried to pick him up off the floor. 
After talking with him and getting dry pants on him I came to the conclusion that he staged the whole thing because he had to go to the bathroom and was probably too afraid to ask where the bathroom was.  He laid down on the floor (probably after peeing in his pants since he couldn't hold it any longer) and then pretended to sleep and when he does that he makes snorning noises (hence the gurgling they heard).

I guess it is my turn.  I've been told I made my parents travel a few miles too due to me not wanting to stay away from home when I was younger and in Girl Scouts.

He ended up finishing out the week just fine and they sang at the senior housing hunt in town on their last day.  Daniel didn't sing at all really, but he stayed up there with all the other kids the whole time.  Proud of him for that.  Small steps!




No comments: