Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dusty and I thought about taking the boys to fireworks on the Fouth of July but it just didn't work out.  Sumner had their town festival this weekend so we loaded up the boys before dusk to go and watch the fireworks.  The bugs have been extremely bad this summer so we dicided to just go find a place right outside of town to watch them from the van.  About 10 min. before we found a great spot Daniel fell asleep.  Sammy was still awake, but getting a bit cranky.
 
It must have been 10:00 pm or just after when they started and we couldn't even wake up Daniel so he could see the show.  After about 10 bursts Sammy seemed like he'd had enough fun, so I took as many pictures as I could to show Daniel.

When taking the pictures I had no idea what they would look like.  I've never taken pictures of fireworks before.  The pictures really capture a differrent view of fireworks then the one we get when watching them live. 

We got home and got the boys ready for bed.  I laid down with Daniel and showed him some of the pictures I took and he did the 'ooooooh' and 'auuuhhhhh' just like he would have if he had seen them in the sky.

No comments: