Everyone has been such great help during our first week as parents of two perfect boys.
Daddy has been doing a super job keeping our home running as smoothly as possible since I am at the hospital most of the time. He was playing Mr. Mom the first few days while my mom was taking care of me. He went back to work (even though he would have loved to not have to return so soon) on Thursday to 'bring home the bacon' again.
Grammy Cammy has been here from Cedar Rapids all week taking care of me at first but now has been on Daniel duty. As you can see from the picture below, Daniel isn't the only one that needs a nap. She has been bringing Daniel to and from the hospital, entertaining him with many fun activities, and even cooking a bit. She has made the first week alot less stressful for me knowing Daniel is alright.
Grandpa Mike and Grandma Patty have been by visiting and brought over a great chicken casserole for dinner Thursday night (my first night home for a bit). Good food is a great help right now! I am sure I am going to be using their babysitting skills next week too once Grammy Cammy has to go home.
Grandpa Rod and Grandma Diane have been visiting too. Diane has made some dessert to keep Dusty and others happy while at the hospital. They have also had Josie (our dog) at their house all week which is a huge help and I am sure Josie is loving all the running she is getting to do. I am sure we will be using their babysitting skills next week also.
Uncle Chris & Lisa were going to come visit right away, but both have horrible colds and are staying away until fully healed. Sammy appreciates that. He does't need any more set-backs.
Uncle Josh & soon-to-be Aunt Chelle came from DesMoines to visit on Thursday. Might have been pretty hard for them since they are due to have their first baby mid to late February. Not that it is ever fun to visit a baby in any NICU hooked up to machines, but especially when your first baby will arrive soon.
Aunt Angie has been by visiting also, helping keep me sane. She has been helping G'ma and G'pa with Josie at times too. Like the other local relatives I am sure we will be calling on her soon to help with Daniel entertainment.
Other family and friends have either been by to visit, have called or emailed to check up on us and Sammy. We appreciate everyone for thinking of us and sending flowers and gifts. This is not an easy time in our lives (just like when we went through this with Daniel), but having friends and family around helps keep our sanity.
Nap time!
1 comment:
Ok, so I was a 'bit' worn out but I would do it again a million times over! I was thrilled to spend time with my Daniel, which I seldom get to do. I only wish I didnt have to come back to work so I could still be there. I can absolutely, positively say my daughter is the best mother in the whole world and I'm ever so proud of her! She amazes me every day. Love, from Grammy Cammy :)
Post a Comment