Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Floods of 2008

What natural disaster is Iowa in for next?

I keep forgetting we also felt an small earthquake a few months ago in Iowa. Very odd for us Iowans to feel an earthquake. So of course we are all wondering what is going to be next. Maybe mother nature is finally tired.

Here are some random pictures of some of the devistation here in Iowa. However the pictures I have to share can only begin to show you the damage all this water has done to our state.

Ball field under water (not sure who the child is in this picture).
Cedar Falls neighborhood (don't know these people either).
I believe this is I-218 outside of Cedar Falls.
This is Dusty's parents back yard. There is usually just a small creek that runs through, but in this picture it seems to have gotten out of hand.
This is the main road going into LaPorty City. These people were stuck in town with no way out for a few days I do believe.

This is a shot of downtown Waterloo. If you look down between the buildings (which is the street) you will see the bridge rise up and that is where the water should be.
This is a picture taken outside of Fort Atkinson, Iowa. Don't think anyone is going to be traveling on this road any time soon.
This is a nature trail bride that goes over the Cedar River outside of Evansdale. I am pretty sure someone told me that bridge got washed away days ago. Usually the water is at least 3-4 yards or so from this bridge.
I will try to find more pictures. It is just so unbelieveable all over here. We are very blessed that we are all safe and dry. Not all our family and friends are so lucky though. That I know of no one has lost their home, but some have alot of water in their basements.

No comments: