Saturday, June 21, 2008

What a week!

Let's see....Last Thursday started like any other day and all was well. That afternoon I was calling all my family while I was in some serious pain. I was home with the boys by myself of course and was so nervous because I had no idea what was wrong with me. My only guess was heartburn. Nothing was making the pain go away. Aunt Angie came to town to sit with the boys as soon as I called her. Then called Dusty to come home to take me into the doctor. On the way the pain was getting worse and he took me to the ER instead. The doctor thought it sounded like my gallbladder but the CT didn't show anything. I was scheduled for an ultrasound the next morning. Sure enough, there was the culprit of my pain....many small gallstones. By the end of the day on Friday I was scheduled for gallbladder removal surgery.

This past Thursday the 19th I had the procedure done and now I do not have to fear another horrible attack like the one I had a week ago. The hardest part of my recovery is not being able to pick up our boys. My mom rushed to town last Thursday when I was at the ER and then she was here to stay after my surgery also. Dusty did a great job as caring husband at the hospital with me for a long day on Thursday. It was nice to have him right by my side while I was in and out of sleep.

What a whirlwind. I'll be happy to be off lifting restrictions in a few days. Miss my good old snuggles from my boys.

No comments: