When it rains it pours.
Today Daniel didn't have school so I planned on dropping the boys off at the Ranch this afternoon and I was going to go get some running around done. That planned changed early on in the day though. Daniel was a bit sluggish this morning. He was playing, but noticed he was laying down alot while playing and didn't have his usual spunk. Took his temp midmorning and it was 101.2. I called the doctor's office right away since he is supposed to have his first field trip in school tomorrow.
Was able to get him in to the doctor so we dropped Sammy off at the Ranch to play while I took Daniel to get checked out. Doctor said cold and ear infection. Went to pick up his antibiotics and headed to pick up Sammy.
Daniel's temp jumped up again and got him his Tylonel once we got home. I was picking up the house a bit and ran outside in the crazy wind to take out a box and ended up missing the last step and fell. Yes, me...I FELL. When adults fall it is never good. My left ankle couldn't support me and down I went. Dusty was in the shop when this happens and due to the insane winds he doesn't hear me yelling for him. I crawl up the steps and back into the house.
We have Daniel feeling better now after his meds and a cheeseburger daddy got him at Kwik Star and I get Sammy down to bed finally around 8:15 pm. Daniel at this point is wide awake and feeling much better. I try to get to the bathroom and fail so I call my pal Carrie to see if I would use her crutches. She is just now back to work and putting on a tennis shoe after breaking her foot a few weeks ago. I have never used crutches seriously in my life....this should be good. I call Dusty in the shop too to let him know what has been going on while he's been busy working. I know he was rolling his eyes.
The house is beginning to settle down and who should start making noise?...Sammy. He is rolling out of his bed crying. He comes downstairs scared and with a pretty good fever of his own. Of course he has a fever now. Our boys don't share toys but they ALWAYS share their germs.
Now on call - daddy - since mommy can't get around without the crutches. Daniel sleeps pretty well last night and daddy and Sammy manage to catch a few zzzz's between roaming around the house before 5 a.m. when Sammy decides he is up for the day. We get daddy up and out the door now for work and we will see how our morning goes now.
No comments:
Post a Comment